- Hits: 1700
National Enterprise Development Authority (NEDA) and the National Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka organized the above Awards Competition for the Entrepreneurs in the Western Province, for the first time, successfully, at the Sri Lanka Foundation Auditorium on 9 November 2016, amidst a large gathering of business organizations, entrepreneurs, Government representatives etc.
The National Chamber of Commerce has been assisting the MSMEs in the regions from a long period, and gives special focus towards the upliftment of SMEs in the provinces to develop their businesses and conduct training programmes/workshops on skills development, human resources, e-commerce, including for the differently abled entrepreneurs. This Award competition initiated by the National Enterprise Development Authority and the National Chamber of Commerce is another service for the MSMEs for the entrepreneurs in the Western Province.
There were around 33 awards presented to winners including the overall winner.
Paper Supplement on Lakbima Sunday Paper on 27th November 2016 - Page No. 16-17
Arrival of invitees
Arrival of the Chief Guest
Lighting the Oil Lamp
The Chief Guest Hon. Rishad Bathiudeen, Minister of Industry & Commerce is addressing the audience
Mr. Thilak Godamanne, President of the National Chamber Addressing the Audience Mr. Omar Kamil, Chairman of NEDA, Addressing the Audience
The Best Entrepreneur of the Year 2016 - Western Province (Overall Winner) - Randeniya International (Pvt) Ltd.
Winners at the end
Merit Awards Winners at the end.
Objectives of the Awards
- Recognize and reward entrepreneurs in the Western Province.
- Motivate and Encourage entrepreneurs to enhance their contribution to the Economic Development of the Province and the country at large.
- Stimulate Entrepreneurs to seek excellence in their respective field of business
Categories and Sectors
- Industry / Manufacturing
- Agriculture, Livestock & fisheries
- Services (Hospitality/ Tourism/ Other Services)
Each applicant had to fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for the Awards as instructed by NEDA.
- Enterprises should be located within the related province (Branches of national level business organization will not be eligible for this Awards)
- Enterprise should be in either scale of enterprise (Micro, small, medium or large scale) as per their applying category
- All applying enterprises should have valid business registration at the time of Application
All applications of Awards were evaluated according to the clearly defined and transparent criteria, and reviewed by an expert Panel of Judges with multidisciplinary expertise. The selection was done at a preliminary screening and short listing the marks and had interviews only for the selection of the Overall Winner as the time was very limited for the Awards Ceremony.
1. Enterprise Excellence Award (Overall winner)
This is the most prestigious award of the event. It recognizes the most outstanding enterprise in the province in 2015/2016.
2. Best Enterprise Awards (12 Awards)
These are the main awards of the event. It recognizes outstanding enterprises in three sectors under 4 categories
- Best enterprise Awards for Industry/ Manufacturing sector enterprise in micro, small, medium and large categories (4 Awards)
- Best enterprise Awards for Agriculture/Fisheries/Livestock sector enterprise in micro, small, medium and large categories (4 Awards)
- Best enterprise Awards for Hospitality/Tourism/Services sector enterprise in micro, small, medium and large categories (4 Awards)
3. Special Awards (6 Awards)
Six special Award will be presented to the best performance in 6 thematic areas (6 Awards).
- Awards for the Best Environmental Friendly Enterprise
- Award for the Best Exporter
- Awards for the Best Productive Enterprise
- Awards for the Best Innovative enterprise
- Awards for the Best Value Added Enterprise
- Awards for the Best Energy Efficiency Enterprise
For Further details:
THE NATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF SRI LANKA
1st Floor, NCCSL Building, 450, D R Wijewardena Mawatha, Colombo 10.
Tel :011 4741788, 011 2689600
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Press Briefing - Launch